-- Admin 22:29, 12 April 2011 (UTC)
Katie... great first edit! One question about formatting, a request and a suggestion.
Question: do you think we need a table of contents on this short page, particularly as the way you've done headings means that resources and references seem to be subsections of tools which is, I'm sure, not what you intended? Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to either a) figure out how to remove the TOC or b) reformat the headings so that those two sections are not subsections of tools.
Request: there's a page called SurveyWiki Work which lists all the content that we'd like to see on the site. There's a link to this Social Networks page, and it says that content is incomplete. If you want add more content to this page in the future, then edit that section on SurveyWiki Work accordingly. If you feel it's complete, then delete that section.
Suggestion: see if you can locate a soft copy of the Grahams' paper (or make a pdf if you can do that), upload it to the wiki and then link to it on this page (ask Ken if we need permission for this first though!) If you can't do this for some reason other than we're not allowed to, why not add this suggestion to the previous section I mentioned on SurveyWiki Work?
All in all, a great, great start to your SurveyWiki life!
Oh... and when you respond, make sure you add your "signature" by finishing with four tildes like this ~~~~
Admin 22:29, 12 April 2011 (UTC)
- Mission accomplished on both accounts! I reformatted the headings and I found that TOCs are automatically generated when there are four or more headings on a page; I manually took out the TOC on this page and changed my account settings so it won't automatically add them in the future. I'll work on keeping the SurveyWiki work page updated and will see what I can do about getting the PDFs up there.
- Katie Crystal 15:03, 13 April 2011 (UTC)
- Afternoon update: it sounds from Ken like the Graham paper is a no-go; it is already published in another book. He's still checking on the Rueck paper.
- Katie Crystal 21:18, 13 April 2011 (UTC)
Re: -- Admin 22:31, 13 April 2011 (UTC)
- Good work! However, I wouldn't necessarily set your account settings to not add the TOC... unless you are happy to manually add a TOC when it's needed. For longer articles, it's very helpful. And good work following up those papers. I'm now off to look over everything else you've done. SO glad to have that work to do!